Christopher James Thomas - 1808-1894 (Mayor 1874)
Christopher James Thomas was born in about 1808. He was head of the firm Christopher Thomas & Bros. who were soap manufacturers in Bristol and their premises was later occupied by Gardiner & Sons (now Gardiner Haskins, Broad Plain).
He was the first Mayor to occupy the Mansion House in 1874 after it was gifted to Bristol by Thomas Proctor. Both are buried in Arnos Vale Cemetery. He died on 2nd January 1894 at Drayton Lodge, 31 Durdham Park. He was also president of the Anchor Society in 1853.
Return to Mayors History Page